An opportunity to take on the role of Account Director has been created at a fantastic media agency following their acquisition of a flagship, global client. The Account Director will be responsible for developing the strategy across key client accounts. In this leadership role, the AD will demonstrate strong account guidance, identifying and developing growth opportunities.
The flagship client was with their previous media agency for several years, so are in a looking for fresh and innovative ideas from their media agency to drive their business into the new decade. This is a great opportunity to have a big influence to onboard a major brand and steer them in a new direction (they are looking for fresh ideas and innovation across ANZ) plus have influence on a JPAC wide strategy working closely with regional teams.
The agency has huge growth plans and is looking to double in size by next year and scale their digital division out in correlation with that. As part of the leadership team, you would have the opportunity to build a team underneath you and be the key directive of all media strategy, planning, buying and overseeing all budgets across all media channels. They have also scaled up their consultancy arm and have brought in an industry-leading consultant who is now building out project cases with their client base.
They have a fun, flexible, all-action culture at the agency, and believe in a flat structure and utilise their independence to enact their strategies fast! This vibrant agency believes in working hard, but also in a rounded approach to the health and well-being of their staff. This is epitomised by their monthly breakfast buffet gatherings and team experiences. This approach is embodied and championed by the MD of agency, who is really engaging and ensures that staff are both challenged and supported.
- Acting in partnership with key clients this role will oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategy. Processing a dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client communication.
- Supporting and mentoring the Account Executives and Account Managers in delivering all campaign planning and implementation.
- Training the Managers and Execs as well as supporting their growth within the team. Managing their training schedule for both internal & external training opportunities.
- Responsible for understanding account profitability, scoping, staffing and account forecasting. As well as drafting all Scope of Work documents for account campaigns and projects.
- Be a part of internal agency reporting & analytics conversations, making recommendations of new technologies/abilities which could be relevant for the agency tech stack.
- Lead senior vendor relationships, understanding of all associated rates and margin, negotiate preferred rates and maintain a partnership role in testing/access to new products and capabilities.
- Link insights to recommendations, optimizations and expansion of client activity.
- Take the initiative for assisting the management team with wider projects as required, including but not limited to agency product development, industry positioning, award entries and representing the agency at external events.
- Have at least 3-5 years significant direct experience within a client-facing role within media.
- Are experienced in leading, mentoring and developing a team of staff.
- Possess an excellent track record of maintaining multiple client engagements at once and presenting growth opportunities to management.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of mid to senior levels.
- Capable of serving as an agency ambassador and demonstrating composure when faced with challenging internal and external scenarios.
- Can establish relationships with site technology partners, external agencies & clients alike.
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
- Have an understanding of revenue to staffing relationship and motivation to improve metrics.