An exciting opportunity for a self-starter to join an independent Media Agency in the role of a Business Development Manager. This unique role will prospect new leads, establish pipeline and hold face-to-face meetings to close deals with boutique brands and a range of verticals across Australia within Health, NFP, FMCG, Tech and Retail.
They are a full-service media agency who work in partnership with their brands and provide a unique research-based offering. This role would require someone able to hold face-to-face and telephone meetings in which they could uncover business needs, understanding pain points and position they agency as a compelling solution.
- Develop a strong knowledge of the agency’s core proposition
- Generate qualified leads through proactive outreach using a multi-layered approach (telephone, email, LinkedIn, event attendance etc) across target business categories.
- Secure one of four expected outcomes for each client lead as identified, with face to face meetings a priority.
- Create comprehensive briefs for our media team to build proposals, assisting to deliver back to the client.
- Generate a consistent flow of new business revenue in line with agreed monthly targets.
- Maintain an accurate log of activity and opportunity in our CRM system.
- Have 1+ years’ experience within a B2B sales role
- Are able to give a high level of service, ensuring prospects and customers enjoy outstanding customer experience
- Must be research-orientated, finding innovative ways of engaging with potential customers and enjoying fact-finding.
- Capable of overcoming challenging customers and remain persistent in your approach
- Are an affable and personable communicator who is clear and persuasive when discussing the value proposition to potential customers
- Must be open and forward-thinking, happy to work collaboratively with line manager to evaluate KPIs and explore sales growth opportunity
What you get!
- The ability to work very autonomously and trusted to build your own day, creating pipeline and planning independently
- The opportunity to own the sales cycle from end-to-end, from finding prospects to closing deals in face-to-face meetings
- Be a key figure within this independent agency, with exposure to the media and marketing industry. Working closely with the wider media agency team to meet the client’s expectations.
- Join a really great team in a really cool workspace, working fluidly across projects.
Salary: Upto $100k + Comms.