Data Scientist – large datasets / big data / modelling and forecasting / statistics / hypothesis testing / R or Python programming / Consumer Marketing / B2C / anomaly detection / unique opportunity!! – London
Data Scientist is required by a household name and very prestigious organisation. This is an outstanding and unique opportunity to make a huge impact.
This is a pivotal role which involves the use and development of cutting edge analytic techniques, working with large data sets, and global experts, to support the business strategy.
The successful role holder:
- Will take responsibility for the delivery of data insight that delivers a meaningful improvement to the performance of the business.
- To do this will involve a combination of in-house analytics capabilities and external partners, and the post-holder will both develop the former and interrogate and validate the latter.
- Will work with colleagues to determine the best approach and models to respond to the organisational needs, and then develop those tools.
- The successful candidate will also ensure that the data environment is “productionised” – that the results and insights are properly catalogued, and that once developed the tools are ready to be run quickly.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent mix of the following capabilities and track record:
- An experienced data analyst/scientist, supremely comfortable working with large datasets, and “big data” statistical techniques
- Experience applying common modelling/forecasting techniques at scale – e.g. linear/logistic regression, Markov models, machine learning techniques, etc.
- Developing new models, segmentation, clusters etc from scratch, and using new techniques
- A deep understanding of statistics and hypothesis testing
- Comfortable working with and challenging Data Scientists
- Extremely comfortable communicating statistical concepts
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Maths, Physics, or Statistics Degree (or equivalent)
- SQL, R or Python
- MS/PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operational research, Statistics or in a highly quantitative field.
- Experience of survey design
- Machine Learning
- Tableau, PowerBI or similar visualisation platform
- Experience of Data warehousing
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist in this role.
£70,000 – £75,000 basic salary + benefits. A unique opportunity with great potential to learn.