Head of IT Enterprise Services
Salary: Up to £90,000 + generous bonus and benefits package
I am currently recruiting for a Head of IT Enterprise Services to join a well-established and ambitious organisation based in Bristol.
This leadership role, reporting into the CIO, is accountable for IT infrastructure, Operations and Business Applications across the entire organisation and is responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of all third-party and internally managed IT services used to support the business.
With a growing desire to utilise more cloud-based services as well as lean / agile ways of working requires a broader set of skills and experience, so that greater focus is placed on the value-add activities rather than the traditional commodity type elements.
Leading a diverse team of 25+ staff who need to be supported and guided, as they develop the attributes and characteristics required to deliver great customer service with an outcomes-based approach.
This individual will have solid technical infrastructure experience, a proven track record of exploiting emerging technologies, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a customer / service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations & service.
- Demonstratable experience in running and managing core IT Services within a senior leadership role working in cross-functional teams influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders.
- Demonstratable experience in strategic planning, organization design and development.
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives, such as migrating ‘classically built’ IT environments and migrating services to the cloud underpinned by chosen outsourcers, running outsource RFP/Contracts.
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate the Enterprise IT Services vision that inspires and motivates the team behind the vision.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role.
- Expertise in budget planning and financial management.
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and practices, and how other businesses are deploying them. Must be able to pull upon previous experience in presenting “what good looks like’
- Success in leveraging traditional best practices, such as ITSM, as well as emerging methods, such as DevOps, that are optimised for agility
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Practical experience in developing and implementing a high-performing ITSM environment and knowledge of “what good looks like” through a continual service improvement approach
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the business to enhance capabilities that support business objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the IT Team.
- Experience of a DevOps operating model supporting a Digital / Development team aligned to a more iterative / responsive way of working.
- An understanding of compliance and governance e.g. ISO27001, GDPR