Role: IT Support Engineer
I am currently looking for an IT Support Engineer to join a growing technical team in Manchester. The role has a number of elements, but the business is looking to up-skill the right person to give them further exposure across cloud, devops, development, infrastructure and networking. This is an opportunity to develop and progress your career.
- Assisting with IT Support for both internal users and external customers
- Infrastructure – both cloud-based and on-premise
- Maintenance of devices (Laptops, peripherals etc.)
- Licence management
- Setup and configuration of devices
- Working with the platform engineers to ensuring automated build and deployment pipelines are fit for purpose
- Supporting development teams on product development with infrastructure/hardware issues
- Applying best practices to, and securing directories and authentication/authorisation channels
- Working with platform engineers to maintain Infrastructure as code repositories
- Helping to ensuring application platform is resilient, performing, and secure.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Use of and setup of Mac OS.
- Experience in:
- Azure AD
- Securing and maintaining physical networks, firewalls, wireless access points
- Management of Active Directory Group Policy
- Experience of automated build and deployment tools (Azure DevOps, Octopus deploy)
- Azure billing, general subscription management
- Experience with SQL Server
What are we working on?
To give you an idea of what we’re working on, these are some of the projects and technologies you’ll be working with:
- Responsive customer focused applications (Mobile and web)
- 100% cloud-based architecture
- Data/trend analysis in the cloud, using data to determine what works and what doesn’t for the customer
- Micro-service based architecture (.net )
- Automated build, deployment, and security scanning pipelines