Sales and Technical Support Engineer
Salary: Up to £45,000 DOE
I am currently recruiting for a Sales and Technical Support Engineer for a leading global business in their field, based in Bedfordshire. Working within the technical team you will be providing pre and post-sales support to the Sales Team, Customers and Consultants. Duties include:
- Proactive provision of pre and post-sales technical product support for the full range of technology, including fibre transmission, unmanaged, semi-managed and managed Ethernet switches and wireless transmission equipment.
- Create detailed project designs for the sales team within tight deadlines and liaise closely with external customers to ensure that the proposed solutions meet required specifications.
- Assist the Sales Team and Customers in producing quality, well considered solution proposals and quotations.
- Liaising with Technology partners – Maintaining accurate product information, pricing etc – Ensuring relevant Spreadsheets and Quotation tools are updated appropriately.
- Produce and maintain product related documentation i.e. Installation manuals, Product datasheets, Specification Guides, A&E Specs and Presentations.
- Maintain the Company quoting system, price lists and web site content.
- Ensure all technical support calls are logged, resolved and closed down within an agreed timescale, liaising with the Sales and Technical Support Manager and Engineering team for assistance where required
- Undertake customer visits and technical training.
- Undertake product testing – customer problem investigations / special engineering configurations / pre-commissioning configuration and testing etc.
- New product introduction and compatibility testing
- Generate technical drawings in PowerPoint, Visio and other packages to illustrate project designs – in assisting the Sales Team and Customers.
- On-site installation and commissioning support
- Participation in off-site exhibitions as required
Experience will include:
- The ideal candidate will be confident in Ethernet routing, switching and networking product configuration, preferably holding a minimum of an ONC in electronic/engineering.
- Juniper and/or Cisco Certification would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with standard Ethernet protocols is required. E.g. OSI 7 Layer model; Ring healing protocols for redundant Network Ring topologies; VLAN’s; PoE; IGMP; SNMP etc
- Practical experience with networking products is expected – to include Layer 2 Media Converters and Switches and ideally Layer 3 Switches and Routers.
- Operational knowledge of Security products, to include Analogue and IP CCTV, Access Control and Intrusion Panels and their integration and interfacing with Networks would be a distinct advantage.
- Direct experience of technical support and fault-finding in Ethernet based systems is a mandatory requirement of this role.
- Experience of and confidence in directly interfacing with Customers, Consultants and the Sales Team, from a Pre-Sales perspective, is an essential requirement.
To find out more about this unique opportunity, please get in touch.