At Infinite Talent we currently have an exciting new permanent job opportunity! We are looking for a Senior Technical Analyst / Infrastructure Engineer to come and join a nationally recognised retail company based around Stoke-On-Trent.
The role will be mainly remote working, with occasional travel to site.
- Working with project teams to review and impact assess new business requirements.
- Responsible for the technical aspects of key change documentation such as business requirements, change impact assessments, change implementation plans, change tickets, change roll-out plans etc.
- Ensuring capacity, availability, security and service support requirements are considered in all IT infrastructure changes.
- Manage and report risks into the IT Risk Register, owning identified Server & Storage risks and driving mitigation plans and improvements to reduce identified risks.
- Implementing, testing and monitoring required IT infrastructure changes in line with change implementation plans
- Ensuring IT infrastructure changes meet the agreed service acceptance criteria
- Ensuring Asset and Configuration Management principles, processes and procedures are applied
- Oversee all systems monitoring tools and capabilities, ensuring that monitoring thresholds and alerts are set up to achieve a fix before fail way of working.
- Responsible for the delivery of Low Level Design documents for any project you are working on
You will have;
- A degree in IT or related business topic (desirable)
- Experience as an Technical Services Analyst or Hosting & Storage Engineer
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- Experience with Microsoft Azure (desirable)
- Experience with Microsoft 365 (essential)
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server (desirable)
- Experience with Active Directory Policy (Group Policy) Administration (essential)
- Experience with E-Mail Filtering Systems (desirable)
- Experience with Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions (desirable)
- Experience with SCOM & Enterprise Monitoring (desirable)
- Strong experience of creating and managing virtual and physical servers for UNIX and Windows variant
- Expert knowledge of enterprise data storage devices (SANs).
- Expert understanding of UNIX and Windows file systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a very established company that is experiencing rapid growth at the moment!
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and you have the skills and experience needed, then please send your CV directly for consideration!