What do you consider important when executing and delivering code?
- The team are passionate about code quality, reusability, performance, testability, and how the applications they’re helping to construct are built, packaged and deployed.
What traits would set you apart?
- Real technical and backlog ownership without the need of significant feedback from your peers.
- Pragmatism. Maintaining a balance between perfection and business needs. A strong desire to produce quality software that’s product led, built for the long term, enterprise ready and capable of scaling.
- A willingness to interact with team members and stakeholders. To get in front of people to work out kinks, champion your ideas and promote cross team collaboration.
- You’ll be at the point in your career journey where you can invest in progressing others. Upholding clean, quality code through strong engagement in code reviews and pair programming.
- Strong software design. You’ll be expected to know a wide array of software design patterns in depth, display a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and able to show multiple real-life applications of this.
- Experience building distributed web applications
- Build automation tools (Webpack, nodemon)
- Testing frameworks and libraries (Mocha, Chai or Webdriver.io)
- Continuous Delivery
- Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Experience with Express
- Understanding of containerisation (preferably Kubernetes)
- TDD & BDD
- Understanding of software design principles (e.g. OO, DRY, SOLID)
- Experience with full-stack development and devops
- Distributed version controls systems (Git)
- Experience with pair programming
- CI tools (Concourse, Jenkins)
- Understanding of Accessibility best practices
- Experience with using templating engines (Handlebars)
- Experience working with Cloud base environments (Cloud Foundry, Azure, Kubernetes)
- Good SEO knowledge