Clipper Logistics is one of the leading retail fulfilment businesses in the UK. With ability and agility at our core, our cutting edge operations allows us to provide world class customer service to customers such as John Lewis, River Island, Marks & Spencer and PrettyLittleThing.com
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated professional to join the site HR team in a capacity of a Training Manager.
The job holder will be responsible for ensuring the capability of the site is maintained and enhanced by ensuring all mandatory, operational and development training is delivered to the highest standard. Working with the operations team to identify, plan and deliver the agency and training requirements of the departments
Duties will include:
- To assess operational training needs, plan and execute delivery of training, measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the training.
- To support development of departmental training plans for non-managerial roles by working with Operations Managers.
- To work in conjunction with HR to deliver a range of soft and core skills training using MAP (Management Ability Programme).
- To manage and monitor training activities across the shifts.
- To provide effective leadership and management to the Training Team and trainees in all aspects of the operation.
- Ensure training records are maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all suppliers of agency workers are compliant with Clipper standards in regard to on boarding and inducting staff at site.
- To provide effective leadership and training for the site training Team and to conduct regular on the job assessments of all site trainers, to ensure quality and consistency of the training being delivered is at the correct standard.
- To manage training costs within budget and SLA agreed with the customer.
- To facilitate effective communication via a variety of methods including team briefs, written communications and one to ones.
- To ensure the health & safety and general well-being of all employees within the shift and to partner with the H&S Manager to minimise accidents / near misses and deal with any unsafe behaviours.
- To ensure compliance with the current Equal Opportunities legislation and the Company Equality and Diversity Policy.
- To carry out other duties as required by the Senior Management Team
- Ensure compliance to Safe Working Procedures (SWPs)
- Liaise with the Shift Managers with any issues regarding training issues which could affect service levels
Experience & Skills –
- Previous experience of writing and delivering training materials
- Working as part of a team
- Managing Own Activity
- Training within a Logistics, FMCG or warehousing would be an advantage
- Managing teams of people within a training environment
- Practical delivery of core and soft skills training to small and large groups
- Mandatory training requirements within the logistics industry
- Understanding of the training levy
- Enthusiasm for lifelong learning
- Ability to create a positive learning environment
- Strong communication skills including the ability to listen and ask high quality questions.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to manage to changing priorities
- Manages Challenge in the right way
- Good Presentation skills with the ability to engage with an audience at all levels
- IT skills / Excel / PowerPoint / Word