The Change Manager will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running for Change Management processes and toolsets in the business, and will ensure that best practice processes for managing Changes are embedded across the business. They will support in ensuring the efficient logging and reporting of Change Requests, including reviewing and approving change activities in the ITSM toolset.
The role holder will be responsible for chairing the weekly and daily Change Advisory Board meetings including ECAB with the primary objective of presenting all changes to the relevant technical and operational authorities seeking approval. They will also interface with the customer to ensure key IT changes are reviewed against key customer and operational activities. They will ensure that the required teams are aware and plan for supporting key customer events and use the defined change management processes to plan and co-ordinate the IT activities.
The role holder will be responsible for the management of the Configuration Management database, ensuring all services are documented within the CMDB and updating this as and when changes are implemented.
The Change Manager will be the process champion within IT Services and will ensure all team members are aware of and embrace robust ITIL aligned processes.
- Create, maintain and regularly review Change & Release Management policy and processes, ensuring that these are aligned to ITIL frameworks.
- Ensure Request for Change (RFC) and Release Management records are clear and contain all relevant and concise information
- Ensure RFC’s are reviewed and prioritised by Risk and Impact and appropriate approval is completed
- Carry out Post Implementation Reviews to identify lessons learned following failed changes.
- Mange the release management lifecycle ensuring all new product releases are deployed into the production environment with no adverse impact to the customer operations.
- Identify areas of service improvement in Change & Release Management processes.
- Create and publish daily, weekly and monthly governance reporting in relation to Change & Release Management processes – including Daily & Weekly CAB meetings, monthly KPI reporting
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to demonstrate/effect strong Change Management skills both in terms of ‘subject matter expertise’ & a maturity in approach in engaging with & supporting the IT leadership team & the wider Business in general.
- The job holder must have excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills in order to articulate ideas and thoughts clearly through various means, including written and oral communications with all levels of the organisation.
- Possesses excellent organisational & analytical skills with an ability to work independently.
- A can do attitude with a proven ability to work at pace and drive change in an organisation
- People orientated with the ability to lead teams through periods of change and service improvement
- Sound background in technology with ability to engage with technical and non-technical teams
- Experience in core IT Service operations
- Competencies in core ITIL process framework
- Demonstrates an ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate practical experience of running Change Management processes
- Experience across IT applications and infrastructure domains, managed services arrangements would be useful.
* Hours of work – 37.5 per week
* Working Pattern – 9am – 5.30pm Monday – Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch break).
* Location – Coventry