Head of Machine Learning
A cutting-edge and well-funded Machine Learning & NLP start-up are looking for a Head of Machine Learning to join their talented team in London to accommodate their exponential growth.
Backed by top tier Silicon Valley investors, as well as Google, this start-up is developing high-end technology to tackle the increasing problem of ‘fake news’. They’re building out their core team of researchers and machine learning engineers to further develop their product, so this is perfect for someone looking to move into a more senior position.
- Help build and lead the Machine Learning / NLP team, ensuring they are working efficiently
- Planning Machine Learning roadmaps and leading the team through them
- Design high level Machine Learning architecture
- Review changes in code and in machine learning models
- Manage development sprints through JIRA or similar platform
- Communicate closely with the CTO and other key stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
A great opportunity to progress for someone already leading or managing others, growing teams, looking for the next step in seniority. We need:
- Managerial skills and experience of managing complex cross-functional projects
- Product focused mindset (customer first rather than technology first)
- Hands-on driving the projects, designing, implementing and deploying high-level ML models.
- Latest knowledge of methods in areas such as NLP, Text Classification, Neural Networks, Active Learning etc.
- Awareness of infrastructure issues, potential bottlenecks for ML models, continuous integration, data storage, cloud computing etc.
- Ideally PhD educated in a relevant area – or equivalent
What they offer:
- A salary in line with your experience
- Generous equity within the business
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Central London WeWork offices
If you feel this may be the perfect next step for you, contact Harry on 0117 317 8888 or email