Digital Gurus have a very exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Magento Developer to join one of highly regarded retail clients based in west London.
You will join a cohesive and fluid Multi-channel development team who are dedicated in delivering results and the best solutions to drive the business forward.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to grow their career and work with emerging technologies within a globally recognised brand who reward their employees then this is the role for you.
- Assist the business in its deployment of the Magento Enterprise solution
- Work with the product team daily on both support and future developments
- Enhancing and extending the core capabilities of the Harvey Nichols Magento Ecommerce trading platform
- Influence the digital development department by helping shape best working practises, coding standards, design patterns, code reviews, documentation, testing and agile methodologies
- Assist in the mentoring of the in-house Magento team with a strong view on instilling collaboration throughout the department
- Translating user requirements into functional design specifications and working with-in the scrum team to estimate accurate timescales during sprint planning
- Have a good understanding and advise on systems integration with the internal Core Systems development team
- Work closely with QA to ensure a solid testing environment is adhered to, including CI, DVCS and release management
- Providing training to users of any new or existing systems and working with them to ensure they fully utilise the functionality available to them
- Monitoring third party providers and ensuring they adhere to agreed service levels
Qualifications & Experience required
- Deep understanding in the core Magento platform with the ability to advise in all areas comfortably (ideally Magento certified).
- Working experience using git and Git-hub
- Experience working on an ecommerce application (or other dynamic/transactional applications)
- Substantial experience developing in PHP applications using object-oriented programming principles. We have Laravel and Cake applications as well as Magento.
- An understanding of the LAMP stack with an ability to debug issues on a production environment.
- Comfortable creating templates and making minor styling amends.
- Complete confidence creating, querying and updating relational databases.
- Experience of creating, using and manipulating XML.
- Experience using and interacting with JSON Objects.
- Experience with AWS (desirable)
Please apply below or you can send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com to find out more