Network and Server Engineer – Networks / Servers / Security – based in Chorley (Lancashire)
Purpose of role:
To provide technical support, maintenance and drive strategy around this organisation’s Network and Server estate, and lead on IT Security, ensuring ongoing compliance and certifications are maintained.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- To work as part of the Service Delivery team in delivering a high quality service to the company and all other customers in accordance with agreed SLAs
- To work as part of the Infrastructure team to deliver improving system and network reliability and performance, driving down unplanned outages to deliver a high stability environment
- To assist in providing technical solutions and future strategy for the Desktop and Server environments, Local Area and Wide Area Networks.
- Maintain and secure the network ensuring the organisations ongoing compliances and certifications in this area
Projects / Growth
- Lead in providing the technical solutions required to enable business units and departments to fulfil their business objectives by consulting with end-users
- To participate in assigned projects, ensuring project plans are maintained and relevant tasks are delivered to plan, or appropriately managed through strong stakeholder communications.
- To deliver new technologies across hardware, software and solutions that are appropriate with the company strategic direction
- Working to Industry best practice, to deliver high quality solutions purposeful for the organisations international reach
- To ensure that the agreed Change management processes are followed to reduce unplanned outages.
- To support the Service Desk team in problem resolution providing an escalation route.
- To engage with third party suppliers when necessary to ensure problem resolution within SLA
- Ensure full asset inventories are maintained, and network schematics under change control
- To provide a consistent, high standard of support to users through use of the relevant processes and procedures (work instructions).
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of all necessary disaster recovery process and procedures. This should cover PC, Intel server and network communications and be regularly (at least annually) tested.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications
- Interpersonal (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Customer focus skills
- Server Operating systems – Microsoft Server 2012+ (MCSE)
- Storage and Backups and Replication – IBM V7000, HP MSA, Arcserve
- WAN/LAN/SIP network technologies – HP Procurve, Cisco (CCNA), SIP
- Virtualisation platforms – VMware
- Security -SSLVPN, Juniper Fortigate, VLAN, Sophos Enterprise
- VoIP Telephony services including voice, fax and video – Mitel
- Microsoft Applications including Active Directory, Exchange solutions
- Database Management – Microsoft SQL
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Basic salary £35-40,000 + excellent benefits, based in Chorley (Lancashire)