£30000.00 - £45000.00
Senior Backend Engineer, £70,000 – £90,000 +Benefits, Central London
My client leverage cutting edge technology to help connect knowledge seekers with knowledge providers. They’ve pioneered a faster, better way for professionals to access highly specific business knowledge.
Whatever your business needs may be – whether you’re planning on launching a new service, investing in a new platform or transfering your operations to a new location – you’d turn to my client to be your professional matchmaker and put you on the path to success.
You’ll build features across their suite of products, both internal and client facing. As a Senior Backend Engineer you will remove pain-points, optimise workflows, and enhance the intelligence and capabilities of their systems. You’ll work closely with people across disciplines to arrive at the best solution, immediately see the impact of your work, and get feedback directly from users.
I’m looking for people who are interested in building software systems to an incredibly high standard, comfortable working across multiple languages, and learn quickly when new technologies are introduced.
When it comes to tech stack they’re looking for thought leaders who can code, implement and advise on the right tech for the job. If you can code in a high level programming language (primarily; Ruby / Java / Kotlin / Python) then please do read on!
– Build and technically own large areas of the product and service ecosystem
– Diagnose complex issues across various levels of the stack
– Improve the performance of applications
– Improve developer tooling and processes
– Work in small, nimble teams
– Understand business context deeply and leverage your engineering knowledge to propose creative solutions to problems
Required skill set for a Senior Backend Engineer:
– Able to write code in a high level programming language. The primary tech stack is; JVM / Kotlin and Ruby. They also have a touch of Python & Elixir.
– Have proven technical ownership of a specific application, product area, or level of infrastructure
– Lead agile software teams
– Balance deep work with cross team collaboration
– Enjoy writing code in a variety of languages
– Learn from and mentor other engineers
– See yourself as an entrepreneur as well as an engineer
– Interested in working in a team applying data science to solve challenging business problems
You might work on:
– Building tools to schedule multi-party communication with heavy constraints
– Automating the detection and mitigation of risk in real-time
– Proposing and deliver a new product initiative to production
– Democratizing data within the organisation
– Optimising and scaling our overall platform architecture
If this sounds like you then please do get in touch;
Cambridge, Ely, Leicester, Peterborough, Permanent
£38000.00 - £45000.00