My client is a leading business in central Bristol looking to appoint a Technical Business Analyst. Working closely with the Information Management, Data Governance and IT communities to identify Business requirements, issues and needs with regard to Technology, Systems, Infrastructure, Data and Information.
Your responsibilities will include: identifying the key issues; ensuring the source of the problem is identified, documented and detailed to support delivery of required and planned technical change initiative and ensuring they meet the needs of the business, align with IM and IT strategies, and support implementation and effectiveness of change.
As a Technical Business Analyst you can expect to:
- Deliver clear and concise business and technical (System and Data) requirements documentation to support Business sign off and IT & IM design and delivery;
- Undertake gap analysis requiring the review of data warehouse (DWH) Schema’s and existing Cognos Framework models and packages to identify the scale of the request;
- Work with Data Stewards and DG community where required to better understand Business processes, Business and Technical definitions for metrics or niche requirements;
- Support the Technical teams with business insight where required;
- Work with the Project Delivery and Programme Managers to ensure these requirements are complete, approved and owned by the Business Stakeholder (s) and ensure they meet the needs of the IT Development, Infrastructure, PASS, Test, DWH, MI and DG Teams;
- Support the Demand Planning Manager, Project/Programme Managers in the provision of ROM’s and estimates to support project planning and production of delivery roadmaps for all IT & IM deliverables;
- Highlight any risks or issues identified during requirements capture;
- Support the Programme and Project Managers in the identification of benefit and value of the IM & IT outputs, support the development of Test plans for UAT, support the development of a niche regulatory requirements capture and delivery process; and
- Support build and update of monthly roadmaps by providing ROM’s for projects.
Experience will include:
- Experience of, IM/IT/Technical Business Analyst capturing business process, business and technical system requirements and data mapping to support end to end IT/IM deliverables;
- Hands on experience delivering multiple concurrent technical projects and initiatives;
- Evidence of maintaining set deadlines, managing resource dependencies and mitigating issues;
- An understanding of Information Management and Data Governance Strategy, IT Strategy and familiar with industry frameworks such as DAMA, COBIT;
- A good understanding of BI best practice with good general BI and DG knowledge;
- A good understanding of the principles of Infrastructure and data warehouse (DWH) design, dimensional and relational modelling and BI delivery using leading BI software such as Cognos BI / Business Objects etc. to support the embedding of Planning capability within the team;
- Demonstrable experience of effective stakeholder communications and communication planning;
- Confidence to engage members of the Leadership Team where required;
- Excellent relationship building skills, building and inspiring trust in Strategic Change, IT and IM, influencing, constructively challenging points of view, adapting style and content for different audiences;
- Strong analytical and technical IT & IM knowledge;
- Good business acumen (including good understanding of internal and external markets and best practice) and strong commercial and financial awareness.